Race Recap - 2017 Winter Park Road Race

Hey there!! I'm going back into time a bit to catch up on some races i've ran.  This post features the Winter Park Road Race in Winter Park, FL.  The route was a 10k with an additional 2 miler challenge if you wanted. I did not dare to take the challenge. 

The route was on some cobble stone streets of old Florida and regular paved roadways.  I knew there would be cobble stone and I stayed in the center of the roadway and it was too bad on the ankles. 

I was happy to finish and PR and get my dang donut!!!!!  Ok, you don't know this but I love my donut after a run, I guess I crave the sugar instead of a beer.  Usually, the donuts are all gone by the time I get done so I was happy to get this krispy kreme in my mouth!


Here is a group photo of most of the West Volusia Runners who attended the event.  Best support group EVER!!!!


The finishers medal with My Soxy Feet that matched and get me through the race with no blisters or problems. 


I would recommend this race to anyone, just be warned about the crowd and cobble stone route. There was great after party area with lots of vendors and snacks.  


Use code: SOXYDANIELLE
for 10% off your order

Thanks for stopping by!
~Danielle

Comments

Popular Posts